Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Unlucky Number Three

I am rarely home.  And when I am, I am usually studying or sleeping or procrastinating doing both by watching TV.  Anyway, on a very rare occasion, I was home before sunset.  I decided to read a little outside with the ultimate goal of dozing off. 
As I meander outside to my lawn chair oasis, I notice my neighbor resting in his backyard.  He can plainly see me getting my chair all set up.
After I get all settled, I of course decide that I'm thirsty.  This is literally minutes into my relaxation attempt. (emphasis on attempt placed by author) I struggle up and walk to the garage.  Out the garage window, I see my neighbor gassing up his lawn mower.
Oh no he didn't.  
1. He just mowed his lawn last Thursday. 
2. As I have recently learned from the county conservationist, grass cannot grow when it is above a certain temperature. 
3.  It has been consistently above that temperature since he mowed last Thursday.

Besides, last Thursday I was chillaxin' and he started up his lawn mower.  Just to clarify.  I was out before he started the mower.
And seemingly just days before that (very recent yet the exact day escapes me) he mowed his lawn also during my enjoyment attempt of my yard.

So, as I lay there last night, listening to the hum of my neighbor mowing his postage stamp over and over again, I began to see spots.  The spots could have been caused by glaring into the sun, but I think it was mostly my blood boiling.
 The saying "Trick me once, shame on you.  Trick me twice, shame on me" came to mind.
Altered of course.
Mow your lawn once, shame on me.  Mow your lawn twice, I'm suspicious.  Mow your lawn three times after I watch you watch me lay out then I watch you fill up your tank to mow your lawn at 7:30 at night AFTER I talked with witnesses that put you home all day (breathe) makes you a putz.

 Now I am on the hunt for Lawrence Welk tapes.  And a tape player equipped w/ a repeat option. 

Ghost Neighbors in the sky

I am an Angry Neighbor.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, and I recognize the fact that it seems that I was laying outside quite a bit. I literally have had no summer and these three instances pretty much sums up my summer so far. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete